How to reserve facilities
If you’re interested in reserving the facilities, please contact:
Dr. David Acker, Director
Tammi Martin, Program Coordinator
Center for Sustainable Rural Livelihoods
111 Curtiss Hall, 513 Farmhouse Lane
Ames, IA 50011-1050
MRTC Reservation Policy and request Form
- MRTC COVID Policy
- Code of Conduct
- Guidelines for Engagement in Developing Countries
- Important Information for Residents
Mpirigiti Rural Training Centre (MRTC) facilities are available year round with a few exceptions:
- Facilities are fully booked between the last week in May and the first week in July when the Service Learning program is in residence. Exact dates vary.
- Annual black-out dates for property maintenance and employee down time
- August 1 -15
- December 24 – January 1
Priority for use is granted in the following order:
- ISU – Makerere University Service-learning programs
- ISU Global Resource Systems major interns
- ISU College of Agriculture and Life Sciences programs
- CALS-CSRL short-term activities
- Other ISU programs
- Other non-ISU programs based on program objectives and space availability
Facilities may not be used for political, religious, or illegal purposes.
Iowa State University-Uganda Program does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran. Inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies may be directed to Office of Equal Opportunity, 3350 Beardshear Hall, 515 Morrill Road, Ames, Iowa 50011 USA, Telephone: +1-515 294-7612, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
MRTC requests a daily rate per person to offset costs. This includes lodging (linens/towels/mosquito net) food (meals/teatime), water, chef and housekeeping services, internet, access to sports facilities, and compound security.
Contact us for more information (email@example.com)
In addition to lodging and meals, we can arrange for use of an ISU-UP vehicle and driver (rates subject to change):
- Fuel/Transport @ $0.55 miles
- Round-trip Kamuli/Entebbe/Kamuli at 230 miles
- Local transport Kamuli to field activities
With adequate advance notice arrangements can also be made for the following services at cost:
- hired vans when required
- cultural/game park activities
- lodging outside of the training centre
- meals outside of training centre
- procurement or use of supplies for field activities
- interpreters and enumerators
Getting To and From Uganda
Regulations are volatile due to the global pandemic. Check with your airline and the U.S. State Department website for current updates on COVID19 vaccination and/or testing requirements.