How to reserve facilities
If you’re interested in reserving the facilities, please contact:
Dr. David Acker, Director
- MRTC COVID Policy
- Code of Conduct
- Guidelines for Engagement in Developing Countries
- Important Information for Residents
Mpirigiti Rural Training Centre (MRTC) facilities are available year round with a few exceptions:
- Facilities are fully booked between the last week in May and the first week in July when the Service Learning program is in residence. Exact dates vary.
- Annual black-out dates for property maintenance and employee down time
- August 1 -15
- December 24 – January 1
Priority for use is granted in the following order:
- ISU – Makerere University Service-learning programs
- ISU Global Resource Systems major interns
- ISU College of Agriculture and Life Sciences programs
- CALS-CSRL short-term activities
- Other ISU programs
- Other non-ISU programs based on program objectives and space availability
Facilities may not be used for political, religious, or illegal purposes.
Iowa State University-Uganda Program does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, ethnicity, religion, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, sex, marital status, disability, or status as a U.S. veteran. Inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies may be directed to Office of Equal Opportunity, 3350 Beardshear Hall, 515 Morrill Road, Ames, Iowa 50011 USA, Telephone: +1-515 294-7612, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
MRTC requests a daily rate per person to offset costs. This includes lodging (linens/towels/mosquito net) food (meals/teatime), water, chef and housekeeping services, internet, access to sports facilities, and compound security.
Contact us for more information (email@example.com)
In addition to lodging and meals, we can arrange for use of an ISU-UP vehicle and driver (rates subject to change):
- Fuel/Transport @ $0.55 miles
- Round-trip Kamuli/Entebbe/Kamuli at 230 miles
- Local transport Kamuli to field activities
With adequate advance notice arrangements can also be made for the following services at cost:
- hired vans when required
- cultural/game park activities
- lodging outside of the training centre
- meals outside of training centre
- procurement or use of supplies for field activities
- interpreters and enumerators
Regulations are volatile due to the global pandemic. Check with your airline and the U.S. State Department website for current updates on COVID19 vaccination and/or testing requirements.